Monday, April 21, 2008

We're coming Home!!!

Just a little over a year ago I barely made it to the Airport on an icy cold morning to fly out of Tulsa without this baby that God gave me a heart for. I cryed out to God... WHY! Why did I learn to love him! I know we all searched for answers, maybe I just needed to be a prayer warrior in his life, maybe we just needed to say yes to the adoption so his birth mom would bring him safely into the world, we all wanted an answer to our Why. I was so broken but just like in the beginning of this adoption I had to give his life to God. Karen Kingsbury helped me get through this stage in my life with her books and she writes a dedication to her kids in the front of each book, after these dedications she writes "And to God Almighty, the Author of life, who has --for now--blessed me with these." I embraced this prayer and thanked God for my role in Avi's life, no matter how heart-breaking it was. Another factor that was a blessing and a curse was that I had a constant reminder of Avi in Asher. Every time Asher would run into Kyles arms, or get to play basketball or wrestle with him, or sit on his lap for a book with amazing animal sounds arms I would think about Avi and how he needed this amazing man to be his Daddy. After a year I lost hope. I closed to door for good. Kyle's been ready to adopt again for a little while, so semi-grudgingly I ordered our home-study paperwork again and cryed and prayed that God would help me open my heart again. We have one member of our family that never lost hope though...sweet Liv. She drew me a picture just about a month ago that had the 4 of us and Finlay in front of our house and off in a cloud was a little Baby and a cat. There was a heart in-between us and the cloud. I said who are they and she said "Baby Avi and our cat that we are going to have." There you go, solid as a rock faith (I don't know about the cat though:) So little did I know that as I was opening up my heart to adopt again that I would be preparing myself for a little boy that never left my heart. And now we all get to be a part of his life. May he all bring you just an incling of the Joy that he's brought me-- You'll be the better for knowing him. My heart has been so full as of late and a song came bursting out last night that I'm going to share with you. The same thing happened as I anguishly waited for Livia, many of you have heard her song, she loves it and requests me to play it for her often as she sits next to me on the piano. Poor Asher doesn't have one yet, I'd love to tell him that I wrote the basket ball song from High school Musical, but alas our Mississippi boy will have to wait. Here's Avi's song (minus the music obviously)

"Little Boy"
Avidan Cruz, we got the call to save your life and we said yes.
And then you came, sweet baby boy, I only held you for a moment and then you were gone--
I cryed--God I give this boy to you
I don't know what to do,
Why I learned to love him
I cryed--God I trust you with his life
Heal my broken heart
Help me stop cryin'
You said cry for tonight
but Joy comes in the morning
Avidan Cruz, here you are in my arms smiling at me.
You've filled my days with so much Joy
I can't contain my love, my smile, my tears, my excitement little boy.
I cry--God I give this boy to you,
I now know what to do
and why I learned to love him
I cry--God I trust you with his life
You healed my broken heart
Anguished tears changed to Joy
with a little Boy.

So all glory to God. Thanks for your prayers and support, especially Karen Kingsbury who made our trip for the 4 of us to Oklahoma financially possible. Thankyou Grant and Charis for your generous hearts. Thanks also to Windy and Ahmik for the Target cards, to mom and Dad for the starbucks card (Dad: "Are there starbucks in Oklahoma?"-- yes there is and thanks!) To the Farmers, Clays, and Rosemary and Jim for your secret deposits. Thanks Grandpa Charlie for believing that this would happen and bringing over a check the day after we got the call. Thank you Cassie for checking our mail everyday to look for those fingerprints. And thank you Michelle for worrying about us all week, we know we're always in your heart :)

We love you all and appreciate your support and prayers. I'll update things with 'family reunion shots' hopefully on Wednesday.

With a grateful (and sappy) heart, Love Laura
We fly in at 8:12pm on Delta flight 4018... sorry guys, you'll have to make the decision to come see us or watch Idol. (Just record it and come see this little boy)

2 comments:

Amy said...

oh i wish i could be there to welcome avi into his new home! our prayers and thoughts are with you guys. i love the faith of livia :)and i love your trust in God.

Cliff and Michelle said...

hi, I keep checking for the updates! But I know how crazy it is for you adjusting to 3 kids now! Check out Danielle's blog at http://kansai-japan.blogspot.com
love, mom